Tuesday 25 June 2013

Allotment Update!

I got told off! With all the moving and working and markets, etc. etc. the allotment got abandoned! And what happens when you ignore your plot? The grass grows and you get a letter from the Allotment Association telling you to cut your grass or you will be kicked out!

So I begin cutting the grass with a push along lawn mower (no electric at the allotment and a petrol mower was too heavy for me to carry down) and I give myself lots of blisters and tears, until a neighbour rescues me and cuts it with their petrol mower! And after some additional toiling the plot looks like this...


...our progress is probably considered slow.

But we finally have a water butt and a completed base for a shed. The soft fruits are coming along and my potato bags are looking healthy. I have covered over some areas of grass ready for beds and added some nice reclaimed wood around the completed one. Next addition will be a compost bin!
xx

1 comment:

  1. Looks really good. Let us know and we will came down and help.. xx

    ReplyDelete