Tuesday 11 December 2012

Surviving Winter Travel

When I step outside my front door to go to work in the mornings the sun is just beginning to rise. Of course, the car is covered in ice and I spent the next 10 minutes trying to defrost it, making me late for work (I really should set my alarm 10 minutes earlier but I always seem to forget!).

My drive to work is one of the most enjoyable drives I have ever had. It is a B road so it is really quiet and flows through beautiful coutryside and small hamlets. With winter well and truely here, the view from my car window takes my breath away. The colours of the fields is muted from a layer of frost as far as the eye can see. I love winter! But this time of year always reminds me of a good friend in Scotland. Every year the snow causes them alot of problems and she insists that they never travel without blankets and a thermos. This put me in mind to producing a winter travel survival guide.

View my treasury list HERE

On etsy I created a treasury list of the essential items you may need to survive the winter period - all are items that probably should be in your car boot. A thermo and blankets are essentials, but maybe think ahead, a book and torch could be very useful if stranded for a long period of time. At the end of the day, it is good to be prepared but make sure you spend some time to enjoy the beauty that winter has to offer.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment