Wednesday 29 August 2012

Before and After: New Back Garden

So there are still some changes to be made to the back garden but I thought I should show you how it looks at the moment before summer is completely lost. The fact that it is currently tipping it down with rain outside may mean that I have lost summer already, but I am ever the optimist.


Obviously this space is very small but it is a nice little blank canvas and devoid of any plants. As I mentioned previously, I was hoping to fit in a small bench or seat in here, so I could enjoy the sunshine whilst reading and drinking coffee.


This is how it currently looks. We have filled the corner with herbs (keeping the mint in its own separate pot otherwise it will take over everything!), whilst the other container is filled with beautiful things that my Mum has given me. This is a combination of plants that will die off come the winter but hopefully some will grow back next year. Using some bricks and a paving slap that we found in the out-house I have made a little temporary seat - I've got to enjoy the colours whilst I can!



The future plan is to re-paint the walls when we have some rain free days. Plant some Sweet Pea seeds into the flower planter, which hopefully should grow up the climber and add some more colour. I plan on having some more herbs in pots around the seat, and hopefully create a different seat (or maybe just add some cushions to that one??). And also add a climbing plant opposite the seat, to climb up the wall of the out-house. But as the garden currently stands I feel very happy with it, after all you can't beat being able to pick your own herbs for dinner.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment