Sunday 9 October 2011

Renegade

So I am swamped this weekend getting everything ready for a big new market at the end of the month with The Kingfisher Craft Fayre, in Swindon, Wiltshire on the 22nd - click here. However, I have taken a bit of time out to go to a new craft fayre in east London.

The Renegade Craft Fair is a FREE (to attend) market with all the latest indie-entrepreneurs. Based pre-dominatly in the US they have come to the UK for the first time this weekend! Along with stalls from international and local businesses, they also had workshops you could attend.
The Renegade Craft Fair

I must admit that they had a lovely range of stalls, see the images below of just a couple of the goodies on offer, but there was not as much variety as I had anticipated. And I was fully prepared to be completely intimidated by everyone, as I am only new to the fayre game, but surprisingly I think my stall could potentially hold its own.
Cufflinks by The Weekend Store
Vamped up crockery by Melody Rose

The only other problem for me was the location - and I don't mean the hour and half journey that I had to take to get there (please bring more London fayres my way)! I think the fayre might have a hard time competing with the already well established shops around spitalfields. I know I got distracted....
My new favourite shop - Elemental
One of the book stalls inside Spitalfield Market
Furniture, Books and Food. What more could a girl want.

I highly recommend going to the fayre next time its in town so visit their site - here - to keep an eye out when they are back.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment