Wednesday 25 January 2012

Tutorial: Cyanotype

Hi Everyone it's still Kayleigh's mum. They are having a wonderful time in Japan and as it was Kayleigh's Birthday on Tuesday they spent a few days in the mountains and it's snowing!!
Well! Having never heard of Cyanotype I was fascinated to read this, what a great idea. I will look forward to Kayleigh giving this a go and may even slip in a few of my own things. (I wonder if she will notice), I'll let you know.

I wish I had seen this tutorial before the autumn season started. Over at Craftzine they have a fantastic article all about the printing technique Cyanotype. Check out the 'how to' - here.

Cyanotype is the process where light sensitive chemicals are applied to a material, and then areas of the materials are covered and the whole surface exposed to sunlight. I have previously seen it used on other materials but not on knitting or crochet. I think the effect looks fantastic. If I had known about this earlier my shop would have been stocked full of cyanotype printed knit. Sigh. Never mind, I will store it in the ideas bank and save it for next season.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment