Thursday 4 August 2011

Bunting for the boys

While you are waiting for more items to be added to the etsy shop (they're coming this weekend I promise), I thought I would fill you in on a little side project I have on the go.

My friends are expecting a baby boy in December (we're taking bets on him being a christmas baby). I am extremely excited and want to create a special baby box full of goodies for the lovely little fella who is coming into our lives. One request from my friend was bunting for boys - really nice bunting for boys is actually quite difficult to find. There are lots like these:

Image courtesy of Daisy Park 

Image courtesy of Sugarush

But these seem a little bit too grown up for a tiny little baby - maybe when he gets a bit older but before he is old enough to tell us how 'uncool' they are. (As a side point, I'm not even sure that kids/teens use the word 'uncool' any more?)

Image courtesy of Notonthehighstreet

I was thinking that something more like this would be suitable, but why do things for boys always have to be blue?
So, I think I'm going to have to get the sewing machine out and produce something of my own. Lucky for me there are some great sellers on etsy that have the cutest fabric I have seen for a while.

Image courtesy of Fabricshoppe

Jody from fabricshoppe, I'm heading your way.

If any of you come across some boy bunting please let me know. Otherwise, speak to you next time.
Love to all
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment