Sunday 7 August 2011

Cupcake Cases

After all my work yesterday, and an early morning car booting, I have been having a relaxing day off. A day off is rare for me so I decided to have the most fun I could. For me fun means cake, and in this case chocolate sponge, chocolate chip and blackberry cupcakes.


This was also an opportunity for me to use some very cute cupcake cases that I got from sainsbury's. I love the retro gingham design and it got me thinking about all the other cupcakes cases out there in the world. I decided that it was time for another treasury list.


One cupcake wrapper I like in particular is the doily effect one found at Mason Rabbit's Paperie. I think they would be perfect for a tea party or wedding. After further searching I also discovered a lovely blog called Victoria's Vintage which has a tutorial on how to make your own doily cake wrappers.

Image Courtesy of Victoria's Vintage

I think this is a great idea, particularly as you could use any colour or patterend doilies that you can find. I will have to remember to hunt for doilies next time I go car booting.

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
Speak to you all soon.
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Can I suggest one of these cupcake carriers as the perfect partner for those delightful homemade cupcake wrappers? No more squished cupcakes on
    the way into work!

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/CUPCAKES2GO-TWO-TIER-CUPCAKE-CARRIER/dp/B004LP7VLG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314991959&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cupcake carrier is so cool - I want one - has been added to my christmas list (I like to start early). I'm afraid I ate all of the cupcakes myself.....

    ReplyDelete