Wednesday 27 February 2013

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

We have developed a slight obsession lately with pineapple upside down cake.


It started when I wanted to make a nice cake to take to a friends for dinner back in January. I thought it would be nice to have something fruit based that was a bit retro. My mind immediately went to upside down cakes and pineapple flavour was my first choice. I followed the recipe found over at Smitten Kitten - which is a fantastic food blog - the only catch was we didn't have any dark rum so I used alcoholic Ginger Wine instead!

It turned out a huge success and I have been making this pineapple with ginger wine cake every other week ever since. And tonight, when I have had a long cold day at work amongst objects and dust, a slice of warm cake with cream really brings me back to life.

Mmmmm......
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment