Tuesday 17 July 2012

Before and After: Kitchen Unit

One of the purchases I planned for the new house was a little cupboard/unit for the kitchen. Our new kitchen is small and I felt I just needed that extra space.




When I found this unit in a local furniture shop I knew it was perfect. It is just the right height for chopping, and has a handy cutlery draw and plenty of space for extra storage, but not too big. I decided to strip it back and give it a fresh coat of paint as it was a bit battered. Whilst I was stripping the paint layers I found that the original layer was actually red, and I couldn't resist recreating the original look.



This is the what it looks like now, sat in my new kitchen. 

I haven't included the rest of the kitchen in the photo as it isn't quite how I want it yet. Give me some time to get it ship shape....
xx

1 comment: