Tuesday 29 January 2013

Tutorial: Cocktails - Champagne and Brandy

So, part of my goals for this year is to learn how to make cocktails. We are slowly collecting together a gathering of cocktail related items - an ice bucket, a soda bottom, a shaker..... However, I am still in the process of gathering the right ingredients. But this week has been a great week! It would seem we are having a stroke of luck running through our family at the moment and I felt a small celebration was in order. So a champagne cocktail is a must.

YOU WILL NEED:

  • Sugar cubes
  • Angostura bitters (or try lemon juice)
  • Champagne
  • Brandy


METHOD:
First of all let me explain this one, I maybe didn't have any Angostura bitters. I decided to leave it out completely but I must admit that the cocktail does need something else so I would suggest trying some lemon juice instead if you don't have any bitters around - slightly different taste but will give the drink that kick that it needs.


  1. Place a sugar cube in each glass (or about 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar).
  2. Over the top of the sugar place a few drops of lemon juice or Angostura bitters.
  3. Over this place about 2 tablespoons of brandy
  4. Then for the grand finally - pour champagne over the top and watch the bubbles continually fizz from the sugar!


So here is to a great week and hopefully many more to come!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment