Friday 4 January 2013

Wedding Mood Board: 1940s Shooting Party

I'm afraid there is no New Item this week as next week I am getting married! (and have been completely distracted with last minute arrangements.

I have planned the who thing myself and it is a rather quirky non-traditional wedding. I am extremely scared and worried that I have forgotten something important. We have 3 different venues - our ceremony in a beautiful town hall with a jazz music drinks reception, a high tea at our favourite intimate tea-rooms and live folk music and pie & mash at a fantastic country pub. It was basically all the things we love fitted into one day! Organising 3 venues has been tricky but more complicated is the shepherding of 80 people from one place to the other (even though they are all only 2 minutes walk from each other on the same High Street)! I thought I would share my wedding mood-board with you which has helped keep me focused on our vision.


When I first started planning my wedding I found a website called Snippet and Ink. It is a US site which gives fantastic mood-boards and inspiration for different wedding themes. I got very inspired! And I couldn't resist creating one of my own when we finally decided on our theme for the day. I say 'theme' but really a mood-board is to held focus the way you want your day to feel and look. We wanted a vintage traditional English shooting party feel with a few library themed element in the stationary. Brown and green are our main colours. The stag and pheasant are a running theme throughout the entire day and there will be lot of tweed!

I am keeping my fingers crossed everything goes ok! I will be silent the begining of next week but will share the results very soon.

Wish me luck!
xx

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! The moodboard is beautiful, I can't wait to see what you've done on the day xx

    ReplyDelete