Tuesday 9 April 2013

Allotment Beginnings

I have had a crazy few days. Saturday was the day we got our allotment! We got up in the morning, were taken around the site and then spent the rest of the afternoon digging.....I was knackered. But there is no rest for the wicked, so on Sunday I had work at the National Trust and a market in Frome to juggle. And then yesterday it was up early again for more work with The Trust and then a quick change over and off to work at the new job.....

View from the bottom of our garden

Breaking the ground ceremony i.e. the hubby digging

As you can tell by Monday evening I was just too tired to share my lovely allotment with you, but here it is now. It was the most perfect weather on Saturday for us to get going on our patch. As you can tell it is a complete blank canvas, with turf! We divided up the area using string and decided on a rough plan to get us started.


We did some digging on Saturday as well but we used a very particular technique which I think I will tell you about next week when I have some extra photos - have you ever heard of 'double digging'? At the moment I am spending a lot of time researching and planning, and I can't wait for the day when we can sit at the top of our patch and admire all our hard work!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment