Monday 1 April 2013

Tutorial: Banana Muffins



We always have bananas in the house, we are big fans. It stems from my Dad who I think might actually eat one almost every day - I swear if they become extinct it may be a result of us eating too many! Our main use is Banana pancakes on a Sunday. However, I have so much work on at the moment with the now running total of 3 jobs, that I haven't had time for banana pancakes lately. So when I had a spare afternoon the other day I made a batch of banana muffins to keep us going over the busy few months we have ahead. This recipe is super easy (I have had it so long that I don't even remember where it is from!) and as long as you don't over mix the batter you should end up with light and fluffy muffins.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 or 4 bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups plain flour


METHOD:

  1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 180 degrees Celsius, Gas mark 4.
  2. Mix together the mashed bananas, sugar, egg and butter. Set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl mix together the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
  4. Mix wet and dry ingredients together being careful not to over mix.
  5. Pour the mixture evenly between 12 muffin cases. For added decoration you can add an extra slice of banana on top of each muffin before baking.
  6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
  7. Enjoy some delicious muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment