Wednesday 17 October 2012

Before and After: New Studio

So this is the last room in the house. I have been avoiding this room as it is normally a mess and things are constantly coming in and out for markets. But I decided to brave it and show you what has changed.


When we first looked around the house the attic room was a bedroom. I could immediately see that this room would be a great space for my studio. There are windows on opposite sides of the walls which let in lots of light and the room would be empty of furniture, a nice blank canvas. After some negotiating, my other half was kind enough to consent to me claiming the entire room. I new I needed this space to have certain zones, and I have made an attempt, but if I'm honest it is still a work in progress.



The key zone in this room has to be the office desk. This is where I can sit and do my computer work or craft bits. I have my calender on display to remind me of upcoming dates, and all my important documents are easily accessible in their folders. It's also where I can sort out the boxes of items I have bought - a very useful space.


The other storage space that I needed was for materials. My hazardous or 'dirty' materials are all kept in the out-house, but I needed somewhere for some smaller tools, rags, tapes, etc.


The last zone for this room has to be storage for items. The bigger items tend to get piled up to one side but the smaller items are normally divided up into materials and categories and placed on shelves so that I can see what I have to work with. Unfortunately, when this picture was taken the majority of my items were in boxes ready for a market - but you can see a nice pile of Christmas related goodies being collected on some of the top shelves - something to look forward to!

I hope you have liked seeing my home. Rooms always change and adapt along with our own lives, so I'm sure I will be re-doing things in the future. But for now I am happy with my little world and don't won't to leave it.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment