Monday 22 October 2012

Colourful Bathrooms!

I have just discovered that I have almost the perfect vintage bathroom! Let me explain.....


As I have mentioned previously my new bathroom has a pink suite. It has taken a little getting used to over the last few months, generally I think bathrooms should be white and minimal but I have grown fond of my pink bathroom. Recently, I acquired some vintage home magazines. They are for the shop, but I am a bit reluctant to sell them as they are a great source of design inspiration. I was flicking through the Homes and Gardens September 1960 edition, seen above, and one thing kept catching my eye......Pink Bathrooms!





In this one magazine alone there are 4 different images of pink bathroom suites. So this has really changed my  mind - I think we should start to embrace colourful bathroom suites, and accessorise them with colourful tiled floors and bright walls. The zing of colour would cheer you up every morning (or give you a headache, one or the other)!

I am now going to dream of more colour in my bathroom, rather than less, and keep an eye out for other 1960s bathroom accessories!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment