Thursday 11 October 2012

Tutorial: Cake Bunting

It was my Dad's birthday the other day. Because we were baby sitting the cats and house it gave me the opportunity to create something special for him. My Dad loves bananas, so rather than a traditional birthday cake I made him banana muffins. We had breakfast banana muffins with Greek yogurt and syrup, the recipe was sourced from HERE. To give the muffins the perfect impact when I surprised him with them, I made some cake bunting.


This cute little bunting is so easy to make and can be kept and reused. You can also use what ever colours you want and it can be a real show stopper.

YOU WILL NEED:
  • Coloured card (whatever takes your fancy)
  • String (I used wool which I happened to have)
  • 2 x Kebab sticks
  • Scissors
  • Double sided cello tape

METHOD:
1. You need to have a rough idea in mind what size you would like your lettering. I kept mine small as I was making muffins rather than a large cake.





2. Cut out thin strips of card double the length that you want. Fold the thin strip in half and cut out the letter you want. I was keeping my letters simple so for letters such as 'B' I left the holes in the letters filled. If you had a craft knife you could cut these out.



3. Cut the length of string to the length you want. Place the letters over the string. Cut small strips of double sided tape and stick the sides of the letters together.


4. Tie either end of the string to the blunt ends of the kebab sticks.

Stick your kebab sticks into your cake and you have some very cute bunting perfect for any celebration!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment