Monday 5 November 2012

London Weekend

This weekend we were in London catching up with friends. There was lots of food involved over this weekend, which is my favourite thing to spend a weekend doing.
Having gotten in to London we had some time to kill so we hung out for a while in the Nordic Bakery near Piccadilly Circus. I had an amazing savoury pie called a Karelian, a rye crust with a potato mash filling and egg butter on top, whilst the other half had an Oven Pancake with raspberry jam. Yum!

This was followed by cream tea at Fortnum & Masons to celebrate 2 friends birthday and then in the evening Dim Sum and cocktails at the Drunken Monkey near Shoreditch (can I just see that I now think cocktails should always be accompanied by Dim Sum).

But that wasn't the end. On Sunday morning we had breakfast at the Duck & Waffle, a fantastic restaurant on the 40th floor of the Heron Tower near Liverpool Street station. The food was delicious and the view completely stunning. And if that wasn't enough, we then went to the Dennis Sever house! An experience not to be missed, Dennis Sever house is stepping back in time. The entire house is set up in the 18th century as if the family that occupied it have just left the room. It's lite by candle light, the scent of cloves, coffee and fire burning fill ever room. Not a museum, not an art gallery, not a theme park, completely unique. I wanted to live there.

So new things to add to my wishlist:
Sourced from HERE

  • Buy the Nordic Bakery cook book

Sourced from HERE
  • Learn to make Dim Sum

Sourced from HERE
  • Have a Victorian range in my dream home

Before I go, let me wish everyone a HAPPY BONFIRE NIGHT! Stay safe out there if you are using fireworks but have lots of fun!

Remember, Remember, the 5th of November. Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason, why gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment