Tuesday 21 February 2012

Vintage House Hunting

My life is rather full at the moment. I have quit the day job (brave or foolish? We are yet to find out), I am building my business, I have moved to a new area, I will be getting married to my college sweet-heart in 11 months time and we would like to buy a house.
I have always rented, but I would love to get my hands on a house restoration project. I dream of being able to restore and enhance all of the period features, and finally furnish it with vintage furniture from my shop (furniture that I love but have to sell otherwise it would not make me a very good business women).

Sigh. If you are similar to me, day dreaming of owning your own vintage home, have a look at this website - Wowhaus.
Two bedroom 1930s art deco semi-detached house in North Hayes, Middlesex
They only seem to list houses in the UK (sorry all the international readers!), but you can still get lots of inpsiration. For me, I would plump for the art deco beauty in the photo above - check out the interior here. Not only is the outside geometric chic, but the interior is mouth wateringly vintage inspired.
Kitchen of the 1930s art deco house in Middlesex
Lets be honest. I just want that kitchen.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment