Tuesday 12 March 2013

Tutorial: Butterfly Lamp Mobile

I got very inspired today over at Apartment Therapy when I saw this image

Check out the full post HERE

I just had to try this out on my own lampshade at home and I think you should to.

YOU WILL NEED:
  • Coloured paper
  • Needle
  • Fishing wire
  • Scissors

METHOD:
1. Start by cutting out lots of little butterflies. I think this is a great activity to do in front of the tele.


2. Once you have a nice pile of butterflies cut a length of fishing wire about 50-100cm long. String the fishing wire on to the needle and start sewing on your butterflies. You might need to loop them on to the wire as some may just slide straight off.
3. Once you have a few butterflies on your wire cut a new length and do the same.


4. Once you have a few lengths of wired butterflies you can sew them or tie them on to your lampshade. Sew them around the bottom edge attaching the ends on opposite sides. I actually tied mine on to the metal bar that runs across the centre.

Before....

After!



What do you think of my attempt at home? I think it adds a nice little romance to the room and helps tie in all the different colours that I have in my picture and fabrics.
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment