Wednesday 27 March 2013

Windows of New York and Drain Covers of Wiltshire

As you are all well aware I love blogs. I have a big long list saved on my browser of sites that I like to check out whenever I get the chance. One of the new additions is thebeatthatmyheartskipped. This blog was drawn to my attention by an article in the guardian about the top rated design blogs. They certainly talk about a great variety of inspirational things but the post that drew my attention today was about a blog all of its own.




Windows of New York is Graphic Designer Jose Guizar's personal project observing and recording different windows that catch his attention as he travels about his life in New York City. Apart from producing some fantastic architectural images, this project also reminds us not to over look the every day things that we pass by. I remember when my Mum was studying for her degree (that's right, my Mum went back to school as a mature student - very Proud!) and she did a project on drain covers. If you take the time to look, you will actually find that there are various beautiful designs out there but it is something we over look, literally treading over them every day.

When you next head outside your front door take some time to actually look at the things around you. The colour and style of the lamp posts, the pattern of the tiles on the roofs of houses, the style of windows and the drain covers right under your feet. Who knows when inspiration may strike you.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment