Monday 9 April 2012

iPhones can be retro

The market at Shepton Mallet yesterday went great. I managed to sell lots of my bigger pieces which gives me a bit of breathing space in the workshop, and a great excuse to go buy more! My Mum also came up with a great idea for the markets - our stall had lots of people with gramophones around us, and she commented what a shame it was that no one was playing any music - so I have decided to start playing music at my stall. Lots of classic numbers from the 30s, 40s and 50s!

So, I started my day by looking for a portable CD player to take to markets and appropriate CDs, but then it hit me......I have an iPhone!

I have finally decided to join the 21st Century! I have had an iphone for a while....but I confess I don't really know how to use it properly. I think I am just a little bit vain, and wanted to fit in with all the other London commuters. But, I can stick lots of music on to my phone and get portable speakers for the stall! Aren't I a tech wiz! What is even greater is that there are lots of vintage inspired accessories out there to 'pimp' up your phone (see, I can use modern slang.....). I have found the most brilliant collection of items which I have to share with you.







 




Top to bottom: 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6

I want the digital radio (number 2) to take with me to markets, I want wood docking station (number 3) for by my bedside, and I want the telephone (number 6) for in the workshop. It just goes to show, you can be a modern day girl but still bring vintage things into your life.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment