Thursday 24 May 2012

Tutorial: Doily Table Runner

I got a little inspired from my own post the other day. I have had a stash of doilies for a while that I have been wandering what to do with - if you remember I did a post all about 'What To Do With Doilies'. By a funny coincidence doilies appeared in my recent post about 'Table Runners'.

Visit the image HERE 
It was this image of a doily table runner that made up my mind. I decided my doilies would become a runner, and this is how I did it.

YOU WILL NEED:
  • Doilies
  • Pins
  • Needle
  • Thread


METHOD:

1. First of all make sure that all your doilies are clean and have been ironed flat. Then begin by arranging them on a flat surface to give yourself a layout. Remember a table runner is normally log and thin but have fun and see what happens.


2. Once you are happy with the arrangement pin the doilies together.


3. You then want to start stitching the doilies in their positions. Try to use thread that blends in with the colour of your doilies. I used a simple running stitch and their is a 'How To' HERE.


4. Just keep going until all the doilies have been stitched together and your table runner is complete.



You could also expand this idea - if you had more doilies you could create an entire table cloth or throw for the sofa or bed, or even attach your runner to a simple roman blind. See how useful doilies are!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment