Thursday 3 May 2012

Spout Troubles

I have a confession to make.......I can not open cartons.
That's right, the kind of cartons you have to pull the corner apart, and then squeeze the sides together until a small opening appears only the top edge. My attempts go more, I pull the the corner apart, I squeeze and nothing happens. I squeeze some more. An opening appears, but it seems to be running vertically down the side of the carton rather than neatly along the top edge. I have developed an alternative method, where I cut the corner so no pulling or squeezing involved. But you can never close them again properly, and the number of times I have accidentally squeezed the carton to fit it back in the fridge door and the contents have gone everywhere, you don't want to know.

This may not seem a big deal to the average person - just buy a plastic bottle, I hear you cry. But fruit juice, which I love, more often than not comes in cartons. And I want fruit juice! But the vintage gods have answered my calls and in the charity shop I came across this great little contraption and I am one very happy person!




Worried about me aren't you?

Well, another confession. I can't whistle either.

You can dis-own me now.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment