Thursday 6 September 2012

1970s Chairs and Table

I couldn't resist showing you a fantastic set of 4 chairs and a table that I bought recently for the shop. They are obviously a bit big for me to put on etsy where I sell my items (but I do have developments on that front - watch this space!) but this set is so gorgeous, I had to share.




The chairs and moulded white plastic with painted metal swivel legs. The table top is round when both leaves are upright with a white plastic top and painted metal legs, similar to the chairs, but fixed in place.


When the leaves are down the table is rectangular, and when you want to put them up all you have to do is lift the leaves and the metal bar underneath automatically springs into place.




The plastic on the chairs does have some small chips and the paint on the metal legs is also chipped in places, but I think these chairs look stunning. On the base they have written GLC Design, Size D 11-16, Steelux London, Reg. Design 941202. I have been unable to find out much information about them, but there are some very similar ones (found HERE) which are dated from the 1970s.

I think this shape and style really embodies the essence of the 60s and 70s. It would make such a statement piece in any ones home. If it takes your fancy then keep an eye on my facebook page for my upcoming events - these bad boys will be coming to a market near you soon.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment