Tuesday 25 September 2012

Sunday Roast

One of my lovely items has been featured in a treasury list on etsy. For anybody you isn't familiar with etsy or 'treasury lists', here is the low down. You pick a subject matter, in this case Sunday Roast, and you search for items on etsy that fit in with your theme. My little horseradish sauce pot is a perfect accompaniment to a Sunday roast so has to be included in Quirky Purple's treasury list.

Image sourced from HERE

I think this is a perfect selection of items, which have that autumnal feel with the orange accents, and frankly just makes me hungry! With the weather getting colder I'm sure we are all thinking about our favourite comforting Sunday lunches. What would yours be?
When I was little we always used to have a bath on a Sunday evening ready for school the next day. Our Sunday tea would be us wrapped in fluffy dressing gowns, if we were lucky the fire would be lit in the living room and we would all congregate round. My Mum would bring in piles of toast and we would devour them with cheese, pickles, jams whilst watching the tele (probably the Sunday night period drama which is a huge English tradition in itself!). This is one of my favourite memories.

I'm feeling very nostalgic today. Might have to go and have some toast, the memory has made me hungry.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment