Wednesday 26 September 2012

Before and After: New Bedroom

So we only have the bedroom, living room and studio left in the before and after of the new home. Today I have decided so share the bedroom with you.


When we moved in there were a couple of big pieces of furniture that came with the house. These were mainly in the bedroom, which was great for us as we only have a bed and there was a chest of draws and wardrobe left behind. Now it looks like this...




If I'm honest we haven't done a huge amount with this room. We decided to rearrange the furniture a bit and bought in an extra G-Plan style writing desk (ok, ok, I have too many clothes so we needed some extra storage). The main key feature I wanted to bring into the room was our love of Japan.



We bought a beautiful wood block print during our travels at the beginning of the year and it now takes pride of place above our bed. It was also my birthday whilst we were out in Japan and my other half (the gorgeous man he is) bought me a vintage kimono. Not just a kimono, but an undergarment, obi, straps, coat, socks and shoes. Naturally I have to have it on display - it is one of the most beautiful things I own. The vintage curtains, bed throw and lampshade all have a circular theme which helps tie the rest of the room together. I love waking up in this room. My little bit of Japan in Frome.

Just an FYI: Did you notice that I use an old pot stand/stool as a small bed side table? If you are having difficulty finding something to go by the bed, and only have limited space, why not give an old stool or chair a try. It is just the right height, and has just enough space for an alarm clock, phone and book!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment