Sunday 25 March 2012

Before and After: Vanity Case

Hello.
How has your weekend been. I am completely exhausted from the market today so thought I would tell you about a vanity case that I renovated the other day.
At a car boot a while ago I managed to pick up this rather unusual vanity case along with a load of other items in a job lot. From my research I think this case might originally have been a tool box, but it was clear from the marks inside that someone had been using it to store bottles of smellies.



The case needed a complete over-haul as it was grubby and worn. The first thing I did was give it a good clean and filled chips and cracks in the wood. I find it helps to take these sort of items apart when you are dealing with them, so the hinges, handle and clips all came off. I then proceeded to sand everywhere! I managed to strip the black paint right back. I decided to cover the exterior in a really gorgeous travel related paper and paint the inside in co-ordinating colours.



I think it ended up looking great, perfect for all your makeup and jewellery. And it would seem that someone else out there agreed with me as I managed to sell this beauty today at the market.
Right, time for me to doze on the sofa for a while.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment