Saturday 24 March 2012

Join The Flock

Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Then I have the perfect little activity - I think you should 'Join The Flock'. Eden Arts are encouraging everybody to get involved in their large scale art installation. The aim of the project is to help raise awareness of sheep farming and the wool industry. So, What do I have to do to take part? It is so simple, you need to make your own woollen sheep.

Martha, Colin and Patrick
These are my 3 little contributions to the installation. I will be sending them through the post so that they can go on display with the rest of the flock on the 10th April in Cumbria, in a massive installation.



The great thing about this project is that it used up the odd bits of wool I had left over in my sewing box. So, if you would like to take part, head over to the website - here - where you can download instructions and templates. With the weather man telling me it is going to be nice this weekend, I suggest rolling out a blanket on the grass and sitting in the sunshine whilst making your sheep.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment