Tuesday 6 March 2012

Illusion Wallpaper

One of my guilty pleasures is subscribing to magazines. I love magazines. I eagerly anticipate their arrival through the post at the beginning of each month. It is just like having a little present sent to you. I realise subscribing to a magazine is not a major sin, but when you are meant to be watching your pennies, the magazines are normally the first thing to go.

One of the things I have been noticing in the magazines at the moment is the new craze for illusion wallpaper. Basically, wallpaper that is printed with desigins that mimic actual things. Check out these images below.





All of these images are from the Andrew Martin website (visit the site - here) and show off his fantastic collection of wallpapers. Although it would take a brave person to decorate an entire room with any of these papers, I think a feature wall or designated space would be more suited. Or why not use them for the smallest room in the house, imagine the downstairs loo being decorated entirely with books. Or why not use the paper in the last imagine to decorate a wall of the kids bedroom.

I think I'm sold on the illusion wallpaper idea. Round of applause to Andrew Martin.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment