Thursday 22 March 2012

A new use for an old sewing box

Over the years I have managed to collect quiet a lot of jewellery. I don't wear lots of jewellery all the time, but I can't resist a beautiful ring or necklace when I am out bargain hunting. This does balance out though, as I have very little make-up, a couple of eye liners, a foundation and a blusher is pretty much it! All of these items have been placed in a variety of different tins scattered about my room - it means my room does look a bit messy! I decided I needed to find somewhere I could store everything together, and then I saw this:


I bought this gorgeous vintage sewing box with a new use in mind - it is going to become my jewellery and make-up box. I simply cleaned out the inside, removing any lingering needles, and lined the trays with brightly coloured tissue paper to give it some impact.




I am so pleased. It now sits with pride on my window sill. I also hope that this has given you some inspiration - when you see that old sewing box think about how you can find a new use (what about a picnic hamper, a medicine chest, etc. etc.).
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment